Whether you are looking to make new friends, learn new skills or want to help out our local community arts centre, there are a range of possible ways to volunteer your time with us. At Ludlow Assembly Rooms we proudly have 120 active volunteers who's generosity enables a modest staff and budget to cover all our activities. We are always grateful to anyone who offer us their spare time to help us out, as a charity we rely on your friendly support to keep the place running.
Volunteers cover many roles at the Assembly Rooms; we welcome any skills or experience you can share. You can use the Expression of Interest form here to help decide which one to explore further; here you will also find some of our volunteers explain why they find their roles so fulfilling. Just complete and return the form - I will arrange to meet you and discuss the volunteer role/s that appeal to you most.
Currently, we are eager to recruit volunteers in the following roles:
- Box Office Volunteers (Role Description here)
- Visitor Information Centre Volunteers (Role Description here)
- Volunteer Bar Steward (Role Description here)
- Volunteer Digital Projectionists (Role Description here)
- New Members of the Board of Trustees (Role Description here)
Want to find out more before applying?
- A Role Description aims to show the work involved, the skill set you may need and time commitment required, as well as the training and support we can offer you. I can arrange for you to shadow an existing volunteer to give you a taste of what’s involved.
- Alternatively why not join the Volunteer Team during Dark Week (24 – 29 August) when staff and volunteers use a week without films or performances to catch up on annual repairs and refurbishment? It’s a great chance to work alongside and meet other volunteers. (more information)
I hope we can welcome you to the volunteer team soon and look forward to hearing from you.
Faraway Gardner-Brown, Volunteer Co-ordinator