- 11th Feb 2016
- 8th Feb 2016
- 8th Jan 2016
- 5th Jan 2016
- 4th Jan 2016
- 11th Dec 2015
- 8th Dec 2015
- 17th Nov 2015
LAR secures funding from Arts Council England
Ludlow Assembly Rooms received the very welcome news this week that their bid to the Arts Council England for capital funding has been successful.
This is a massive vote of support from the major funder of the Arts in England.
A £350,000 capital grant means that our plans to reconfigure the building are much closer to becoming a reality. These plans involve:
- Moving the main entrance of the Assembly Rooms onto Castle Square
- Re-instating the Visitor Information Centre, along with the Box Office in the former VIC space, improving the service to visitors and Ludlow residents alike
- Putting a high quality café using local produce in the space formerly used by the Museum
- Opening up the grand staircase
- Installing a new lift to improve access to the building
- Providing ground floor toilets
- Making much needed improvements to the energy efficiency of the building
The project will help LAR to become financially and environmentally sustainable into the future as grants from the public sector decrease.
And of course this means that we can continue to be here for everyone in Ludlow and the surrounding area – providing live shows, films, community activities and much much more.
Helen Hughes, Chief Executive, Ludlow Assembly Rooms, said: “The fantastic news about this grant, which demonstrates the support and confidence of Arts Council England in Ludlow Assembly Rooms, puts our ambitious plans to modernise the building within reach. This in turn will put us on a sustainable footing – economically, socially and environmentally – and enable us to serve all parts of our community.’